Today officially marks 30 days of unemployment. As such, I've decided to document my process in finding the "right" job, who I'm talking to and why, and further, proof that I'm not spending my days shopping, nor am I drowning myself in Sex In the City reruns or proving to myself that I would be the best contestant on The Price Is Right (Let's face it, it's just not the same without Bob Barker).
On the skillet for today:
- Pester former coworkers and managers for references
- Perfect my resume, just one last time (yeah...right)
- Scour Twitter for leads (It's a new world out there)
- Start consulting work (1st Business Cards)
Accomplished:
- Round 2 interview on Tuesday for a Compliance role in Charlotte.
Pros: Charlotte. Warm Weather. Job. Cons: Charlotte. Nascar. Compliance.
- Round 1 interview on Wednesday for a Trading Job.
Pros: Trading. Chicago. Cons: Likely awful salary. Hellllooo part time waitressing job.
It's a rough, rough world out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment